Friday 20 July 2012

All hope abandon ye who enter here

Now that I figured out the background (still looks pretty awful and embarrassingly long to fiddle around with it) and I am still in rant mode (have I mentioned how therapeutic it is to get that stuff off my chest?), a few home truth about the glamorous life of pro-dommes.


You want to keep your illusions, well then don't enter through the gates of hell here, because it might be Dante's Inferno.

OK, I'm the first one to admit that they typical - well stereotypical - domme does exist, we all met them, they're fucked up, be it on drugs or whatever else or just with their heads so far up their own anuses that they almost disappear (unfortunately that only makes them louder), dumber than a garden tool and all that,  but seriously, the majority of us really isn't like that.

I'm not claiming every domme is a rocket scientist but there is a rather large percentage of us who actually have a fairly good education and another career. We might be attracted to BDSM and it's various activities, and yes, also to the money. Think about it, you have a skill that's very sought after, you invested a lot of time and money in your skills and your tools, say you're a great guitarist, of course you may want to play at friend's parties for free, but if strangers would offer you quite a bit of money to play at their parties and events, wouldn't you charge? Wouldn't you like your skills, the amount of time and money you invested into learning them being appropriately reflected in that payment? Not to mention the costs for you to take that gig (guitar strings, wear and tear on your guitar, petrol money, time...)?
Or you are working for your boss for free and you pay your rent out of a trust fund?

The old chestnut of dommes charging too much is just so fucking ridiculous. We don't actually have to get into how much it costs, you don't believe me? Rent, advertising, outfits, toys, cleaning material...

If you want to have the super cheap session, look for the usual suspect in a city, a house with a lot of very young dommes, most will have no or only basic equipment and fetish gear, a good indicator is if they pose on the webpage only in underwear. You might not have the best session, but then again,  you possibly also spent less than the going market rate. Or if you feel really adventurous, Craigs List, Backpage, a bit of a gamble...

Apart from the costs, you also have a lot of dangers. The ever popular stalker, stalkers are drawn to dommes like moths to the light. I don't know why guys become so obsessed, and oddly enough not just submissives or kinksters, regular guys can get really obsessed with them too. I never really figured out why. There are several reasons that I think are distinct possibilities, yet none of them makes sense to a rational mind. But I guess to be a stalker the absence of a rational mind is a prerequisite...
It's kind of scary that I really don't know a single domme who never had to deal with a stalker, most don't talk about it, it's not glam, it's bad for business, clients don't want to hear about it, and you know if you do talk about it openly, often copy cats are encouraged. Sadly enough most stalkers have seriously criminal energy and know exactly how to avoid being caught. They can be the most uneducated hicks, when it comes to that, they're effing marvels.
Another problem in the domme world is that nobody wants to get involved, some fear about their business (thinking that they can handle the guy and the other woman was just not domme enough and more such BS), others might be afraid that they will attract the attentions of a stalker if they help the victim. Unfortunately there is a lot of backstabbing in the domme world, that's so stupid, I mean nobody is going to get more business if they get another person out of the way, doesn't work. It really doesn't, all it does is making everybody weaker. So yes dommes, if you are warned about a stalker or a bad client, it's your call to ignore it or not, but do not rat the person out who's trying to help you because you want to take care of the competition. It's really that simple...

And on that happy note (no, my rant is far from finished) I'm off to do some mundane house cleaning as I am expecting a guest tomorrow... I told you, you'd be disappointed...


3 comments:

  1. Your blog is going to be fun to follow Ms. Constanze! I find blogging very therapeutic. I'm pretty sure you will too! :)

    I have come to realize that pro domination is an extremely difficult and competitive profession. All the adorable young ladies out there in search of "easy money" are in for a rude awakening. My advice to them is "don't quit your day job."

    Welcome to the blogosphere!

    Best

    hmp

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I find it super therapeutic (oh my and it is so exciting to get a reply), it's not articles, it's not essays, I'm not structuring or doing "serious writing", it's more a stream of consciousness (think grunge lyrics without the teenage angst), stuff that goes through my mind.

      Your comment just gave food for thought for another rant

      Delete
  2. your description here Ms. Constanze just enhanced my respect and empathy for the PDs I have known over the years as I heard this vaguely but did not realize it was such a pain in the Domme-ass as you explain it......btw compliments on your blog from a non-stalking fan of you and PDs in general!:)

    ReplyDelete